Request for cancellation or postponement of your IELTS test must be made strictly 3 days before the test date via email or in person only. Telephone cancellation or postponement will not be accepted.
Test takers can only be transferred to another Test date before 3 days to their initial Test Date without incurring any financial penalty.
If a test taker falls ill during the test and chooses to transfer to a future date, they will be required to:
- Complete all four components again, and
- Provide a medical certificate.
CD IELTS REFUND POLICY
Test takers may choose to cancel their test at any stage. They will be eligible for a refund if they provide:
- Reasonable notification before the test date to cancel their test (at least 3 days prior), or
- A medical certificate within 5 working days after the test explaining their absence (including falling ill during and being unable to finish the test or evidence of loss or bereavement, hardship, trauma or military service).
- A local administrative deduction fee of 25% will be applied when issuing a refund
You must complete a “Request for Refund” or “Test Day Transfer Form” and attach appropriate documentation and/or evidence; such as a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate or a police report.